1. I have a question about sizing, how can I figure out which size to buy?
We have a size guide to help you! Here is a link to its location:
On some items there may be special notes to size up or down, be sure to read any special instructions!
2. I am in Los Angeles, is it possible to come in and try on an item in store?
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate any fittings or try-ons, we are a web based retailer only. Our offices are not open to the public.
However, we do have pop-up shops throughout the year. Sign up for our mailing list below and we will keep you in the know!
3. Will you be restocking sold out items or sizes?
If we are sold out of a size or item, we will not be restocking.
We work with local manufacturers to create and produce our B.YELLOWTAIL brand apparel. Our collections are limited therefore we choose unique stories through our work and focus our efforts on creating new pieces and collections to present.
All COLLECTIVE items (accessories/jewelry) are handmade and made one-of-a-kind by our incredible indigenous artists. Each piece is thoughtfully & uniquely crafted and made exclusively for sales on our site.
4. How do I make a return within the U.S.?
- Put anything you don’t love back in the original packaging.
- Go to https://byellowtail.returnly.com and follow the on-screen steps to create and print a free return label.
- Note your tracking number if you want to check on the status of the return while it’s en route.
- Stick the return label on the mailer.
- Drop off the mailer at any USPS drop off location or schedule a pickup.
5. How do I make a return from outside the U.S.?
Reach out to Customer Service, orders@byellowtail with your order number and the items you want to return, and we will provide more detailed instructions. Any duties and taxes paid are Nonrefundable.
6. How long does it take to receive my refund?
Once delivered, please allow 3-4 business days for your return to be processed and 5-7 business days for your bank to post the refund to your account. If you do not see the return in your account after 10 days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Can I exchange my items?
We are sorry, but unfortunately we are unable to process exchanges. If you would like to exchange for a different size or color, please return the original item(s) for a full refund and place a new order.
8. What is cultural appropriation? Am I participating in cultural appropriation by wearing B.YELLOWTAIL?
The Cambridge Dictionary defines cultural appropriation as thus:
“The act of TAKING or using things from a culture that is not your own, especially without showing that you understand or respect the culture.”
While cultural appropriation is an issue that indigenous peoples often face, whether it be inappropriate use of headdresses, traditional or ceremonial regalia or non-native brands taking indigenous design without proper permission, we at B.YELLOWTAIL create for people from all walks of life.
We thoughtfully design our products as a form of culture sharing & to celebrate indigenous resiliency & continuity. We are happy to share carefully curated messages through our clothes & accessories, as long as they are worn respectfully. We do not & will not sell items such as ceremonial garb or sacred items. Those things would be deemed inappropriate for non-native people to use, buy or sell at anytime.
By wearing B.YELLOWTAIL & items from THE COLLECTIVE, not only are you helping us authentically share our culture and raise awareness for Native issues, but you are also supporting a Native owned business.
We deeply care for our communities and as B.YELLOWTAIL grows, so does the opportunity to employ & empower our tribal nations.